Endorsed by the Management Committee of the Tuggeranong 55 Plus Club on 2 August 2017
TUGGERANONG 55 PLUS CLUB INC.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Tuggeranong 55 Plus Club (“the Club”) is a non-profit club with the following objectives:
1. To promote and offer members a wide range of activities and social functions.
2. To promote the Club as a social and friendly organisation providing value for money to all members.
3. To co-operate with any other club that has objectives similar to those of the Club, and formed for the purpose of fostering and promoting activities similar to the Club.
4. To raise, collect, hold and expend monies for the furtherance of any of the Club’s objectives.
All members of the Club shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members have a right to:
1. Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Clubs, its Management Committee and other members.
2. Socialise in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
3. Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
4. Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
5. Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to an Activity Leader or a member of the Management Committee.
1. Treat other members, guests, volunteers and other patrons (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
2. Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Club.
3. Not physically or verbally harass others.
4. Report any inappropriate behaviour of a member to the Activity Leader or to a member of the Management Committee for action and follow up.
5. Abide by and uphold the Constitution and Code of Conduct.
6. Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (eg tickets or memberships) which that members has committee to, regardless of whether the members attends the event or not.
7. Notify the Club’s Volunteer Office Staff of any changes to address or contact details.
BREACHES OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an activity or event of the Club may be asked to leave the activity or function and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
2. The inappropriate behaviour of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Management Committee, which may include a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.