The Tuggeranong 55 Plus Club is dedicated to providing activities that encourage a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally, in a safe and stimulating environment.
The objects of the Club:
- to initiate, develop, conduct or sponsor activities and services to seniors through operation of a club for seniors
- to promote healthy, active and meaningful ageing
- to provide a welcoming social environment and a range of activities to promote a fulfilling lifestyle for seniors and to encourage seniors to join in such activities
- to provide such additional services as the committee may from time to time decide to promote the welfare of seniors
- to liaise with other organisations representing seniors and to work cooperatively with them.
The Club runs weekly, bi-monthly and monthly activities as well as ‘Special Events’. Members pay an annual fee which goes towards the upkeep of the Centre and a small fee to participate in activities.
The Club is run by a Management Committee and relies on volunteers to help organise the activities, events, fundraising, administration and general daily upkeep of the Club. Without the members’ support the Club would not exist. Grants from the ACT Government, fund raising and other events help keep the Club financially secure.
Our members enjoy the variety of activities that are available, meeting people of a similar interest and age group and making new friends. The building is modern and light and the views of the lake are spectacular!